Tuesday, January 29, 2013

"sorry, I never want to marry you"

And this is how my story begins...  Dated my high school sweetheart for 13 years.  We lived together for 5, had two amazing dogs together, went on vacations, had inside jokes, shared mutual friends, talked about a future together.  Long story short, I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life with this man.  I honestly thought he was going to propose soon.  I guess I did hear four life changing words, but instead of "will you marry me", it was more along the lines of "I'm not in love".  I'll spare you the tears and panic that set in at that moment, but it brings me to where we are now.  30, single and alone for the first time ever!  Not exactly the life plan I had envisioned when I was 10, but then again I'm not a marine biologist/FBI investigator/lawyer with a banging body and millions of dollars either.  Some things along life's path are bound to go a little off course.
I intially went into hiding for a bit, trying to "find myself".  But I found that life is really funny.  I'd rather share my embarrassing journey with everyone, so at least I'll have some people to laugh with (or at) me...  Everything feels weird and if you know me, you know I'm prone to "incidnets".  I wouldn't say I have bad luck, but if something weird is going to happen to somebody in a crowd, it's usually me.  Let's see what living alone, traveling the country, and (eeekkkk) DATING bring my way! 
Cheers to my other single ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment